- We employ over 5000 highly skilled staff.
- We provide an emergency ambulance service to a population of over 5 million people, serving all mainland and island communities.
- Our Patient Transport Service also takes around 1 million patients to and from hospital.
- Each year, we respond to over 1.5 million calls for assistance.
- Over 600,000 of these are emergency and unscheduled incidents.
- We transfer around 90,000 patients between hospitals.
- Our air ambulance service undertakes around 3,500 missions.
- Our ScotSTAR service transfers 2,500 of Scotland's most seriously ill patients each year.
- We are assisted by over 1,200 volunteers, such as our community first responders.
An overview of the Service